Lockdown has been a difficult time for many people. It is important to feel safe and comfortable during dental visits. The way dental practices ensure this is to keep up to date and follow the recommendations of the relevant authorities. Based on the guidelines of the HSE, Irish dental association and American dental association.You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. These changes are to help protect both patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- All staff will be wearing additional PPE. This is to protect us all.
- You will be asked to attend the surgery alone unless you need a guardian or have extreme anxiety
- We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time. You may be asked to wait in your car until called in for your appointment.